I am finding myself wanting to cook again. I have found a fun app for my iPad called RecipeBook, this app has too many awesome features. You can import recipes from your favorite recipe site, such as Allrecipes.com, or you can manually add your favorite family recipes.
With this recipe, I stepped out of my comfort zone. I have never made enchiladas before, I don’t really like Onions, and Bell peppers are hardly ever on my menu.
James and I had gone to Walmart with quite an extensive grocery list, I am set to make dinner for the next 2 weeks, on days that I am off, or home for dinner. The only thing we really had a hard time finding was the Wholly Guacamole brand products. So we just got some classic guacamole and some salsa.
Being me, I just had to take photos of the process, this may have garnered an eye roll or two from my other half. 🙂
I really liked this recipe, I will probably come back to it in the future. Here’s to stepping out of my comfort zone and to a delicious dish!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons Wholly Guacamole Classic dip
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 1/2 cups Wholly Salsa® Guacamole & Spicy Pico dip
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix 1 tbsp of chili powder, 1 tsp of cumin, coriander, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper, and 2 tbsp canola oil. Add to chicken and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil over medium in a large pan. Remove chicken from marinade and sear on both sides for about 2 minutes.
- Add a 1/2 cup of water to the pan and cover allowing to cook for 15 minutes. Remove chicken and let it rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Whip cream cheese for 3 minutes on high speed, and then fold in the guacamole, red bell pepper, onion, and the remaining cumin, salt, and chili powder.
- Dice the chicken and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Heat tortillas in either the microwave between 2 wet paper towels for 30 seconds (5 at a time) or quickly (30 seconds) dip each tortilla into a pan of warm oil over medium low heat.
- Wrap up 2 tbsps of filling into each tortilla, then top with guacamole salsa, and cook for 10 minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven and top with queso fresco or Monterey jack cheese
(makes 6 servings)
Categories: Adventures in Cooking