Today’s Daily post poses this to us:
Are you full of confidence or have you ever suffered from Imposter Syndrome? Tell us all about it.
According to Wikipedia, Imposter Syndrome is a condition where a person cannot see the good things they have accomplished, they do not believe they are deserving of the accolades they receive for their accomplishments. People with Imposter Syndrome find themselves undeserving of their successes.
The questions posed by Daily Post, asking if I am full of confidence or have I ever suffered from Imposter Syndrome, is almost a trick question.
I am most certainly more confident than I was 10 years ago, though I’m not overly confident either. I also have never really felt I was undeserving of my successes or that it was all just luck. I especially don’t think that now, I have and continue to work hard for the things I want.
In reading on Imposter Syndrome, it seems that the sufferers, also have low self-esteem, which can be easy to lose and hard to gain back. It’s ever increasingly important to remember that you are important to someone and that if you have had success in life, you do deserve it. You worked hard and/or sacrificed something to get that success.
I hope none of you suffer from Imposter Syndrome, readers, you are all are wonderful. I thank you for spending the time reading my blog.
If you too are a blog writer, leave your links so I can see what you are up to.
What others think about Imposter Syndrome:
- of hope | Anawnimiss
- Daily Prompt: The Great Pretender- Self Esteem and Introversion | Journeyman
- A Time For Introspection | The Jittery Goat
- Confession: I Suffer From Imposter Syndrome | Musings | WANGSGARD
- Courage To Finish | My Little Avalon
- DP Daily Prompt: The Great Pretender | Sabethville
- Shame | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Daily Prompt: The Great Pretender | Love your dog
- Walk the walk | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Daily Prompt: The Great Pretender | The WordPress C(h)ronicle
- One Day They’ll Find Out | The Ambitious Drifter
- I HAVE A QUESTION, ARE YOU BISEXUAL? | She Writes
- Here I Come | Views Splash!
- Glittering Awards Ceremony! Daily Prompt | ALIEN AURA’S BLOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- “Do what you do do well” | Hope* the happy hugger
- Pretending to be a Grown Up | the intrinsickness
- liberty | yi-ching lin photography
- i am slightly off- | y
- I am a lazy person and full of confidence | wisskko’s blog
- Confident ? ::E.N.Howie’s Motivational Moments
- Who were You before You became You? (Braveheart Chronicles Vol. 2) | Running On Sober
- Ghostly Granny Tales: Daily Prompt | ALIEN AURA’S BLOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- Daily Prompt: The Great Pretender | Pastathree’s Blog
- Unmasking my masks on the way up the ladders of success « psychologistmimi
- Borrowed Reflection | forgottenmeadows
- Feeling Like a Fraud | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Imposter syndrome – every writer must suffer this at some point | new2writing
- Daily Prompt: Being Confident! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
Categories: Daily Post